Aims and scope
STET Science and Technology for Energy Transition is an academic journal covering the full range of subjects and disciplines related to the development of scientific and technological solutions, complemented by techno-economic studies and life cycle analysis which enable energy transition to meet climate and societal challenges. It covers areas ranging from the sustainable use of natural resources linked to energy transition, to the study of various energy vectors which support decarbonization, energy conversion devices, energy storage processes and devices, complex coupled systems as well as interconnected smart grids.
The scientific disciplines covered bring together all those associated with the implementation of energy transition, including in the areas of digital science which underpin discovery, the simulation and optimal use of these complex energy systems, the influence on climate and biodiversity or techno-economic and environmental considerations (Techno-Economic Analysis and Life Cycle Assessment, TEA-LCA studies) related to the mass deployment of these technologies.
The journal is aimed at authors and readers from academic communities and/or based in research and industrial innovation. The journal publishes original research papers, review articles, and special issues that provide summaries of international projects, conferences, or more focused topics. Multidisciplinary papers presenting integrated energy systems which incorporate several sub-systems will be particularly suitable for the journal.
The journal has an editorial board constituted of international experts from academia and industry. It is indexed in the major international databases. All articles are rigorously peer-reviewed according to established rules, thus guaranteeing the journal’s high standards of quality.
STET Science and Technology for Energy Transition is a diamond open access journal, supported by IFPEN and CEA. Consequently, the journal is free for readers and authors do not have to pay any article processing charges to publish in it.
STET’s covered topics
- Hydrogen and hydrogenated molecules (synthesis, storage, transportation, distribution, e-fuels)
- Bio-resources, biofuels and waste (collection, capture, storage, conversion)
- Wind, marine and geothermal energy
- Solar energy and solar fuels
- Electrification of transportation
- CCUS (Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage)
- Energy storage (electrochemical, chemical, thermal, gravity, hyperbaric)
- Networks, smart grids
- Energy systems (scenarios, optimization, management, uses, technological coupling)
- Interaction with climate and environment
- Life cycle analysis and raw materials for energy transition
- Special issues on energy transition focused topics
Indexation and Impact factor
STET Science and Technology for Energy Transition is the new name of former OGST (Oil & Gas, Science and Technology - Revue d'IFP Energies nouvelles). Therefore, STET is labelled in WoS and will have an Impact Factor.